Phantom Gate Community - HIM PT
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Phantom Gate Community - HIM PT

Primeira Comunidade Portuguesa de Fãs de HIM

InícioProcurarÚltimas imagensRegistarEntrar

Coriosidades : Razorblade Romance

Ir para baixo 
AutorMensagem
tatianaf
Soul on Fire
tatianaf

Coriosidades : Razorblade Romance Empty
MensagemAssunto: Coriosidades : Razorblade Romance   Coriosidades : Razorblade Romance Icon_minitimeSex Out 07, 2011 10:38 am

"Join Me" Single Cover

Coriosidades : Razorblade Romance Join_Me_in_Death

"Join Me In Death" Movie Cover

Coriosidades : Razorblade Romance B2f673cbd741

(tenho esta Smile )

Citação :
Four versions of the song's video exist: three "lazer versions", two of which includes different scenes from the Thirteenth Floor movie, and the fourth - "ice version", with a vague Romeo and Juliet theme also attributed to the song. This has met with controversy regarding its subject matter. "A couple of people blamed me for a suicide someone committed over here saying that 'Join Me' is an invitation to kill yourself," HIM frontman Ville Valo told the European magazine Metal Hammer in 2003. "What I was trying to do was sort of rip-off 'Don't Fear the Reaper' by Blue Öyster Cult, making a rock track of Romeo And Juliet."[2] Lyrics such as "Would you die tonight for love?" have contributed to the misconception that the song is about suicide, which Valo denies, claiming the lyrics refer to giving things up for the sake of love. "It's not about suicide, that song. It's about giving it all away," Valo told the magazine Modern Fix.[3]

In addition to its release on Razorblade Romance and in the film The Thirteenth Floor (though not on its soundtrack), "Join Me" was included on the Resident Evil: Apocalypse soundtrack in 2004. The band Gregorian covered "Join Me" with Sarah Brightman on their album Masters of Chant: Chapter III and on Brightman's Limited Edition The Harem Tour album. Another Gregorian version exist with vocals performed by Amelia Brightman.

HIM performed this song for the (first time) in Ilosaarirock, Finland on the 12th of September, 1998, which featured a whole extra verse which is not included in the studio versions.

Gregorian Version from "Join Me"

Para relembrar:

Ville Valo short interview about 13th floor

Última edição por tatianaf em Qua Jan 11, 2012 6:32 pm, editado 3 vez(es)
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
http://tatianaf.buzznet.com
tatianaf
Soul on Fire
tatianaf

Coriosidades : Razorblade Romance Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Coriosidades : Razorblade Romance   Coriosidades : Razorblade Romance Icon_minitimeSáb Out 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Produtor: Jonh Fryer
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
http://tatianaf.buzznet.com

Coriosidades : Razorblade Romance
Ir para o topo 
Página 1 de 1